My mum stumbled across this recipe a while back when she was having a “fall” desert craving. Searching the allrecipes.com ingredients on hand, it pulled up this apple crisp recipe. It is super easy to make, or at least I assume so because she makes it often and again, remember she’s NOT a baker! lol
The recipe is as follows
- 1 can (21 oz.) Duncan Hines Comstock® More Fruit Apple
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- ¾ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup flour
- ¾ cup oats (old fashioned or quick cooking)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 6 tbsp. butter or margarine, softened
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. In 8″ square baking dish, place apple pie filling. Top with lemon juice.
- In medium bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, oats, and cinnamon. Add butter; mix until crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over apple mixture.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until topping is browned and apple mixture is bubbly. Serve warm with ice cream or heavy cream as desired.
You see it is really super easy. I see the brothers and sisters eating it for desert, breakfast, or a snack. Sometimes she serves it with ice cream but usually it is like a last resort desert since the ingredients are usually at hand, so ice cream is not always available.
Are there any foods which you crave in fall? What are they and have you made them yet this year? Fall is here, but I live in Florida where Fall is not really a season, more like a relief from 100+ degree temps