I thought I’d share a little staple in Mum’s cooking rotation. Chicken Soup. Its good for the soul, good for the tummy, and good for the budget! Now this isn’t some dinky chicken soup, this soup is loaded with layers of goodness.
Chicken Legs/drumsticks (or whatever you have in the freezer)
Chicken Stock (Mum uses homemade from the organic chicken she gets at the farmers market)
Frozen Peas and Carrots (found at walmart, great value brand)
Knorr Tomato Bouillon with Chicken Flavor
What I usually do:
1. Boil the chicken parts for about 20 minutes in chicken stock and some water, salt and pepper.
2. Take out Chicken
3. Bring stock to boil, add potatoes and carrots
4. Boil for 10 minutes
5. Add Zucchini and Onion
6. Boil for another 10 minutes
7. Add chicken back in and keep on low
For the RICE:
1. Heat up a little butter
2. Fry the rice for about 3 minutes or so
3. Add the Knorr Spice
4. Add the peas and carrots
5. Cook Rice per directions on bag/box
For the PICO:
I use this chopper thingy my grandma gave me, It makes the pieces all the same size and pretty but it isn’t needed.
1. Cut tomatoes, onion, and jalapeño.
2. Mix together
3. Squeeze juice of lime
4. Add a bit of pepper
5. Add some salt
6. Add some garlic power
7. Add Cilantro.
Then you have yummy noms soup that is so good and gets even better the next day! I usually make double the rice and then have fried rice with egg in the morning or for lunch the next day!! so good!